Saturday, December 6, 2008

Mechams Missionary Home

Well, I am finally posting on my blog. I did manage to change out the family picture, which the girls were very happy about. They didn't like the other picture too much... but I wouldn't change it until Jenny got home from her mission. So finally a new family picture! Jenny got home on November 19th. She flew in to the Cedar airport. A couple of her friends met her too. Then my mom flew in that night and some of the rest of the family came in on Friday. We ate, played games, visited and ate some more. We've had a fun time with all of it!! Thanks to all of you that came and to all of you that wanted to be with us. It has been really nice to have Jenny home. I do miss the letters and emails and the missionary experiences though. I know she misses being a full-time missionary too!

After all the eating and visiting for days... then came Thanksgiving!

I haven't gotten too far on my Christmas list... oh well. Bryce wants our piano fixed and piano lessons for Christmas. So his Christmas list is a little different this year! He is getting a cow (#7), too. He is pretty excited about that. Krea is getting him started early in the cattle business!! Bryce keeps nagging his dad for a horse, too. I think that to be a good cattleman, you need a good horse. (Actually, I don't think it is worth having cattle unless you get the perks....like a horse : ) Bryce already has a harmonica to lull the cows into a stupor with. Krea got him a harmonica to put in his Christmas stocking, but left it on the kitchen counter and of course Bryce found it. So he is already playing it and lulling us into some kind of stupor.... you really can't think after about 20 minutes of it.... you just wander around trying to escape it. So that and the piano practicing, it ought to be a fine winter. Anyway, I will post pictures as soon as I can. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!



7 comments:

KM said...

How fun! It was great hearing Jenny talk in church she has grown so much from the time she left.
Piano lessons? That should be fun. Every night around 7 I wish I had some ear plugs. Luckily, its getting better.
P.S. my blog is now private. I need you email and then I can send you an invite. Good to hear from you! Kari

Alana said...

What a great family picture! That is pretty cool that Bryce wants piano lessons for Christmas. My boys show absolutely no interest whatsoever. Plus, there's no beating getting a COW for Christmas! I'd settle for a goat!

Jamie Bills said...

Thanks for the laugh Val. You are so funny. Bryce sounds like quite the character. I love your family. Jenny looks great!

Thomas said...

Welcome home Jenny, I love the knew picture!!

5boystokiss said...

Whoops that was me:)

Linda Oxborrow said...

Love the new post!! Jenny seems so happy, confident, it is great to see- loved seeing her. Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Piano lessons huh? And a cow???- It's good to know what he wants I guess.
Love and miss you!

Kaylyn said...

The new family picture is great. The family looks so happy to all be together. I also love that Brit seems to sprise you in almost the middle of the night with Jaylin, I think it is funny.