Monday, April 28, 2008

Adventures @ New Harmony

I am having a fun day reading today. I am reading Mary Higgins Clark's book "I Heard That Song Before". We have stayed busy with farming and everything, so it is fun to just relax and read. Last night we went down to New Harmony to move a couple of cows that had new calves. By the time we got them where we needed them to be, it was dark. We saw a couple of swift moving shapes heading toward the calves, but couldn't tell what they were. We swung the pickup around and it was two Husky dogs. We chased them out of there, but wished we would have had a gun to scare them off with because they kept circling back around and didn't want to get out of there. Hopefully, they didn't come back after we left. The dogs scared Bryce and he just wanted to go home. On the way back out of there, Krea was riding the 4-wheeler that doesn't have any lights and I was driving the old Ford pick-up, trying to light the way for him. Well, I hit a big dip and Bryce went flying and hit his nose on the dashboard. He started screaming 'I broke my nose'. Blood was everywhere. Anyway, he didn't end up having a broken nose, but he never wants to go to New Harmony again!!

1 comment:

Rance said...

And people say city living is crazy!