Friday, August 29, 2008

Rambling

Thought I would update you on what we have been doing. We got Jody off to college on the 19th. Then she ended up getting really sick with strep and we went back up to take care of her. We took her to a motel room and tended her so maybe her roommates wouldn't get it!?! I ate off of her spoon by accident and so I started on an antibiotic already. It is a mean bug...high fever, weak and a very sore throat, so I really don't want it. Anyway, Jody is feeling better now. She is headed to Brittany and Brad's for Labor Day Weekend. We might go, but we are not sure we can get away again after being gone the first part of this week. I can get away, it is more if Krea can go.

Bryce has started the 3rd grade. He had his first pack meeting on Wednesday and got his Bobcat award. So he was pretty excited about that. After three girls, this cub scout thing will be a new adventure for us. We have served as leaders before....a long, long time ago. We were by far the oldest parents there!!

Anyway, we are still busy with the jobs and farming. The weather has be really nice and hot and the field corn is growing well. We need a couple more weeks of this beautiful weather for the corn, hay and the garden. I do have a couple of good sized watermelons. I have never had a watermelon grow bigger than a tennis ball before!!! Well, enough ramblings...

1 comment:

Julie said...

Poor Jody! That is no fun your first week at college. I hope you don't catch it Val. You sound too busy to be sick.

Congrats on your Bobcat, Bryce!